Join Our Policy Council
Citizen Action/Illinois is our state’s largest and oldest progressive policy and political coalition. Building on 25 years of experience, Citizen Action/Illinois has been a key player in the fight for social and economic justice at the state and national levels.
Recent victories include the passage of various legislation on our 2023 Legislative Agenda, including the Generic Drug Pricing Fairness Act, which will make Illinois the only state in the nation to ban the price gouging of generic drugs. We’ve also led issue-based electoral efforts, like the successful effort to elect pro-choice and pro-worker Justices to the Illinois Supreme Court.
Our Policy Council serves as the advisory committee to the Board of Directors. The Policy Council is comprised of experts from diverse backgrounds, including labor, grassroots organizers, issue-area specialists, and elected officials, who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to Citizen Action Illinois’s advocacy and electoral efforts. Members of the Policy Council either represent themselves as individuals or represent their organizations as affiliates. You can view a list of current Policy Council members here.
The Policy Council plays a critical role in supporting Citizen Action Illinois’s mission by reviewing and making recommendations on policy proposals, providing strategic input on issue campaigns, shaping the organization’s long-term goals, and (for those who are not representing 501(c)(3) non-profits) determining candidate endorsements.
We are looking for new members to bring diverse perspectives and expertise to our growing Policy Council.
You would be a great fit for our Policy Council if…
- You or your organization have a stake in building progressive power in Illinois
- You are interested in building relationships and collaborating with other progressive leaders and organizations across the state
- You have the capacity to attend quarterly Policy Council meetings and actively engage in our additional programming
Policy Council application process overview:
- Submit the brief application form, providing information about your background and interest in joining our Policy Council.
- Selected applicants will have the opportunity to interview with members of our Policy Council and Board.
- New Policy Council members will be notified and announced.
- Onboarding for new members will take place in late July.
For any questions, please contact our Program Director Anusha Thotakura at email@example.com.